Photos from SBC2017
About the Competition
The Spaghetti Bridge Competition organized by Final International University aims to bring together students from around the North Cyprus who are interested in science and engineering (specifically civil engineering).
The object of the competition is to design and build a bridge using spaghetti and hot glue that will carry the heaviest load while meeting specifications.
Teams can participated in the competition by filling out the online application form.
Approved applications will receive an invitation letter. Invitation letters MUST be submitted on the day of completion.
2nd Place: 500 TL
3rd Place: 300 TL
- 21/Dec/2017 :: End of Registration NEW!!!!
- 22/Dec/2017 :: Competition Day
|9:00 – 9:30||Registration approval|
|9:30 – 9:35||Opening speech: Prof. Dr. Abdullah Öztoprak|
|9:35 – 9:40||Welcome speech: Prof. Dr. Derviş Z. Deniz|
|9:40 – 10:15||Rules and regulations: Assist. Prof. Dr. Amin Riazi|
|10:30 – 12:30||Competition commence and building bridges|
|12:30 – 13:15||Lunch break|
|13:15 – 14:00||Building bridges : Final steps / checks|
|14:00 – 16:00||Bridge load durability test|
|16:00 – 16:30||Awards ceremony|
Materials and instruments
- 1 spaghetti package: Will be provided on the competition day
- Glue gun and Hot glue sticks (maximum 3 sticks): Will be provided on competition day
- Cutting devices (scissor or cutter): Will NOT be provided. Each team is responsible for its own cutting devices.
Rulers: Will NOT be provided. Each team is responsible for its own length measuring device.
*Maximum 5 Teams per University NEW!!!
!! Competition is limited to students studying in bachelor degree in North Cyprus.